el diablo robotico (platypus) wrote,
el diablo robotico

Name that pastry!

Poll #47517 mystery pastry

What do you call this pastry? (No, it's not a trick question. I actually want to know. The name I use for it seems to confuse people here.)

More information: It is a bakery item. It is usually glazed. It's darker outside than inside, and it has a rather heavy cakelike texture. The one I took a picture of has raspberry bits, but that's the first time I've seen that.

My family in Wisconsin always called them 'crullers,' though I'm aware that has other meanings in other places.

French toast?? I thought that's what you got when you dipped a piece of bread in egg batter.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened