Where you grew up (Ages 0-18): Milwaukee, WI.
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks: A creek or a stream.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called: A cart or grocery cart.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in: A lunchbox. Is there another term?
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in: A frying pan. The word 'skillet' doesn't seem weird to me, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people: Couch, though I don't think 'sofa' is funny or anything.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof: Gutter.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening: Porch.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages: Soda. I will say "coke" for any cola, but not for any soda at all.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup: A pancake.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself: A sub, but don't they mostly come with chips these days? :)
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach: A swimming suit, swimsuit, bathing suit, or trunks; I think I'd be most likely to say 'swimming suit,' but I don't find the others odd.
12. Shoes worn for sports: Tennis shoes. I sometimes say 'sneakers' now, though. I actually pondered this while writing last night's entry.
13. Putting a room in order: Cleaning, straightening.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark: Firefly.
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball: Pill bug.
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down: A see-saw, but I think I heard 'teeter totter' more growing up.
17. How do you eat your pizza: Uh... tip first? With my hands, unless it's unusually huge or thick, in which case I will use a knife and fork? I'm not sure what this is getting at.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff: Primarily a rummage sale when I was growing up, but 'garage sale' is also totally normal.
19. What's the evening meal?: Dinner.
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are: A basement. (What are the other options?)
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places: A BUBBLER. IT IS A BUBBLER. YOU WILL NEVER TELL ME OTHERWISE.